Comparing Car leasing deals
Here are some of the points to consider when comparing leasing deals.
- Your pre-agreed mileage can greatly affect how much your lease contract costs. The more the car is driven, the less it will resell for so the higher the mileage the higher the leasing costs.
- When you are comparing lease deals, mileage is one of the first things you should check to ensure the number of miles you are doing matches with what you have been quoted.
- Is the car a stock car or a factory order?
- A stock car could take less time to deliver, so if you need a car urgently then a stock car could be your best bet
- A factory order, however, is one that needs to be built and can, therefore, take longer. If you want your car to be completely tailored to your taste and you don’t mind waiting longer for your car, then a factory order is something you should consider.
- The contract length
- Unlike a Hire Purchase, the longer the contract doesn’t necessarily mean lower monthly payments. This is because when you lease a car, you are paying for the depreciation and the longer you have a car the more it depreciates.
- This isn’t always the case, however, so it’s worth checking how long the contracts are for when comparing lease deals.
- Initial Payment
- How much you put down initially will vary from deal to deal. You can choose how much you put down initially and the more you put down, the lower the monthly payments. How much you put down is up to you, but when you are looking at lease deals it’s worth checking to see how much they have (hypothetically) put down as an initial payment, as this can drastically change the price.
- Whether it includes a maintenance agreement
- A maintenance agreement is an additional monthly cost that covers the cost of all servicing for the duration of the contract. This means you do not have to pay for it upfront and is appealing for those who want to stagger their costs over their contract.
- This can increase the cost of the lease, so you should double check to see whether a maintenance agreement is included, or not included, in the lease price.