Where customers feel they have cause to raise a complaint it is important to us that these are dealt with objectively, fairly and within an acceptable time frame.
The following procedure explains how we deal with complaints, our commitments to you and what redress you have if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you.
How to tell us if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone on 02031510892 or in writing and your complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person in the quickest possible time.
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to the relevant department manager (i.e. the sales manager) and to our complaints manager. This will happen at the earliest opportunity if the relevant manager is unavailable. We will also
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
- Give details in our acknowledgement letter of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
- Fully investigate the complaint
- Keep you informed of our progress
- Discuss with you our findings and proposed response
You will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately. We will let you have our final response as soon as possible and not later than eight weeks.
The complaints manager will work with the relevant department manager to establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is the firm’s policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
FCA COMPLAINTS RULES
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
- Relating to regulated activity;
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
This will set out clearly the firm’s decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown. We must include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service in the final response if dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we will:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether we consent to waive the relevant time limits.
COMPLAINTS SETTLED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently. Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a Summary Resolution Communication, being a written communication from us which:
- Refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction;
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Indicates if we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
In addition to sending you a Summary Resolution Communication, we may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
- We consider that doing so may better meet your needs; or
- We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint.
CLOSING A COMPLAINT
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you.
If you have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet.
FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman. The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad).Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk